Hanham Mount

John Wesley convinced by the open air preaching of George Whitfield preached on the Mount on the 8th April 1739.

It was in 1951 that in commemoration of the preaching of John Wesley and George Whitfield the then Kingswood Borough Council erected the Beacon, Cross and Pulpit on the Mount.

 

1950s -1960s : At the rear of the Hanham Mount site there was a market garden beyond this semi-circular paved terrace and part of the original Kingswood Schools chapel font

 

 

The voluntary charity The Friends of  Hanham Mount was founded in 1996

 

FORMATION OF THE FRIENDS OF HANHAM MOUNT & THE 2002 REMODELLING SCHEME

 

Its’ objective was to return Hanham Mount to a quality  landscape befitting its historic significance

In consultation with the South Gloucestershire Council (newly formed in 1996) a remodelling landscape scheme was devised and implemented in 2002

 

New Beacon installed 2007 

 

 

 

To the Miners – Hope

To the Sick – Dispensaries

To Prisoners – Reform

To Children - Education

To All

The love of Jesus


Hanham Mount
Webpage icon Hanham Mount Leaflet